Do you or a family member or friend need help with transportation to medical appointments or to run an errand? Here are our eligibility requirements to be a client:
- Age 60 or older
- Live in our service area (See map or scroll down to see the zip codes we serve)
- Able to make own arrangements with our office to schedule rides
- Mobile (using a cane or walker is fine but our volunteer drivers can't transport wheelchairs)
Potential clients need to call our office (512-250-5021) to start the enrollment process.
If you are a family member or friend researching service options for a senior, please have that senior call us directly. After a few questions over the phone, our client intake specialist will visit with the senior in the senior's home to fill out paperwork, explain how our program works and answer any questions they might have.
We have a few rules to help make sure we have time to find a volunteer driver for each ride:
- At least one full week's notice is required for ride requests.
- Two rides a week, if needed, may be requested (2 medical or one errand and one medical).
- Clients must make all arrangements through our office and never call the volunteers directly to set up a ride.
- All information about the appointment or destination must be provided upon making the request (Doctor's name, phone, appointment time, etc.).
- Some holidays during the year are well-deserved "days off" for our volunteer drivers; we will not be providing transportation on those days. See our "Contact Us" page for office/driver holiday listing.
Still have questions? Please call or email us anytime!